Sunday, February 4

First impressions are going to last...

So... my first afternoon/evening in Spain? Wow!
Okay, track back to my arrival first! The flight was all good, no problems, bar the delay of 1.5 hours. The flight involved frantic flicking though the new phrase book. Arrival at the airport entrance involved a huge 'what the &#$@ do I do now?'. I have about 3 Spanish people a huge 'muchas gracias' for getting me to the Metro train station where I was suppose to be. All my bloody accomodation was planned at the very last minute but everything has worked out so well... fallen into place! Anyhow, I get off at the right Metro station but have a next to useless map on my mobile. Now the 1.5 hours lost on my flight was the time I planned to find where I was staying, dump my gear and head to the tapas party. No no no... instead it involved frantically running around the center of Madrid fully loaded with suitcase and all. So about 30 minutes of looking I finally decided to find the hostel I'd booked! Such a relief to put everything down and walk out no the street free again. 30 minutes late to the party I show up... to a room full of everyones! Aussies, Canadians, Brits and Americans! Even a guy who did the same program I'm about to enter, last week, his repeating it this week and called it 'life changing'.
Okay, more tomorrow and hopefully with photos and some more details, when I'm not typing on my mobile phone!

No comments: