Tuesday, October 30

The illicit photo... (Just outside Leon)

Just a quick update despite the huge amount of stories I have to tell. A quick not to say I´m alive and well (which is a nice change). Recently had a few days off sick. Erk! Some have been saying that it´s bad water from a specific town, others say it´s your stomach getting used to Spanish water but heaps of people have been getting a 24 hours bug causing all sorts of nasty exits from the body. Fortunatly it is just that, a 24 hours bug and most people are back on the road after a day of rest. I think for the first time I slept from 12pm through to 8am the next morning. It did teach me to slow down a tad and now I´m doing a few less kilometers per day and enjoying my time more.
Leon was great, if not a little overwhelming after so many little towns.

Oh GOD! I proudly passed a McDonalds despite the fact I was starving and nothing else was open due to siesta... but several hours later after still no food found myself wandering in that direction again... Nooooo why did I do it!! It was sooo good, I felt dirty and wrong at the same time... ewww!

Still looking for something to do after camino with Cassy... looks like WWOOFing is back on the cards, possibly Italy! How cool!

Now to the illicit photo. There´s a church (insert name here) in Leon with 11th century paintings on the walls. Your really not suppose to take photos of it, I think heaps of people don´t turn off the their flash and it degrades the painting... though I managed to sneak one in... managed to get caught too... hehe... "I don´t speak Spanish" phrase has never come in more handy!

No comments: