Wednesday, May 10

Laughing all the way to the bank...

And crying walking away! See it was more of an insane kind of laughing all the way to the bank knowing that I had to draw out 90% of my funds to pay for my flight and get a UK bank account set up. And it was defiantly crying as I walked away seeing the amount available once I'd finished!
I needed to have £1500 (grrr... I don't even have a UK pound key on my keyboard yet!) to open a bank account. Now with fees and all charged by Travelex it equated to $4000 AUD. Ouch! I wasn't quite expecting to not have those funds available to me and they won't be available for 5 weeks from now! Double ouch! But I managed to weave my way around that... Thanks Mum!
So my flight is paid for and I'm waiting to get my ticket, should be Monday!! A little more packing and I sold a couple of items... the house is looking bare already! Annnd I've been fiddling with the coding behind the blog which should make things a little easier to read for some bringing it a little closer to "functional".
Oh and dinner with Sami C. and Tristan... kinda a "good bye" dinner. Was nice. Reminding me of old times.

Status? Changes in bold again:
  • Passport - *Complete*
  • UK Working Holidaymaker Visa - *Complete*
  • Flight Booking - 90% (Waiting on ticket)
  • Travel Insurance - *Complete*
  • Packing - 10%
  • Goodbye's to Friends / Family - 10%
  • Necessary items sold (here) - 30%
  • Functioning Blog System - 85%
  • UK Bank Account - *Complete* (Access on 15th June)

No comments: