Monday, May 8

So here goes... the first post!

What better way to start off the blog with the following news delivered to my inbox this morning:


RE: Your Visa Application @ Canberra (Ref: #####) 9:34 am

Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued.

It will be delivered by Australian Air Express ph: 13 12 13 web: www.aae.com.au
Their reference number is ########



My visa application was made on 27th of April so for it to have come through this fast is great news! I wasn't able to submit it much earlier due to the list of accompanying documents to go with it... mind you I was slow at getting a hold of them. It's been holding me up on doing the major things like paying for my flight, travel insurance and setting up a UK bank account, although it didn't stop me quitting my job 2 weeks ago... hehe!

Okay so this is the first post where I'm suppose to be way over excited and barely able to contain myself, right? Errr.... kinda...? Let's do a quick status check:
  • Passport - *Complete*
  • UK Working Holidaymaker Visa - *Complete* (As of today)
  • Flight Booking - 50% (Deposit taken)
  • Travel Insurance - 50% (Picked one - Unpaid)
  • Necessary Funds - 100%
  • Packing - 5%
  • Goodbye's to Friends / Family - 5%
  • Necessary items sold (here) - 10%
  • Functioning Blog System - 80%
  • UK Bank Account (Difficult to obtain) - 0%
  • Accommodation - 100% (Thanks Sami!)
  • Job in UK - 100% (Thanks again Sami!)

I've worked quite hard on getting this blog functioning in time and I think it'll pay off! I'm able to post to it anywhere in the world with pictures from my mobile phone using Flickr! Pretty geeky but it'll make for a great way to blog as I travel.
There's also a Google map showing the places I've been. It's pretty freaky the detail of the maps... try zooming into the pointer for my home. I set it to "Dee Why Beach" and lets just say you can see the waves!
And then there's my music. It's so much a part of me and I think it says a fair bit about me, so I've included a few details powered by Last.fm.
Hopefully I can find a few more gadgets to add before I go!

That's enough for tonight. I even managed to squeeze in one last shift for SeaChange Cafe today.

No comments: