Friday, June 30

Independence a-hoy!

(Pictured: Wind turbines nr. Truro - Awesome sight to see. I really do want to get under one of them. So fun!)

Okay, I'm here today sitting in a bar in Truro (capitol of Cornwall), drinking a terrible cappuccino because I feel guilty for chewing up their wi-fi to access the internet but it's worth it because they have Royksopp's albums playing in the background! Fancy that, a pub playing electronic music! That wouldn't happen at home!
Speaking of music I have got the "Mylo" and "Goldfrapp" lined up to go see! I never dreamed of being able to see these bands live,wasn't even within comprehension!

I'm attempting to maintain some form of independence and good health, this has worked out to mean long bike rides into the bigger towns around the area. I managed to ride 15 miles (24 kilometres) into Newquay attempting to stave off the "Heathrow Injection", description as follows courteous of the YHA website:

This is a very real and very stressful condition experienced by Australians once in London. Effects are literally noticed over night and no warning is given. Put simply, it is the injection of fat on arrival at Heathrow airport; however, this fat does not surface until anywhere from one week to one month after arrival. It tends to affect females the worst with an overall expansion of the body while males experience a concentrated expansion in the stomach area, commonly know as a beer belly!

There is no doubt that moving half way across the world into another hemisphere is bound to affect you - the food, water and air are all different. Also you are many miles away from home and a binge on ice cream, chocolate or alcohol to help lift your sprits at times is necessary.


Doing this bus trip to Truro is making me feel a little more independent and I get to go shopping to buy things that aren't in the Padstow area like CD-Rs and S-video cables (yep, still a nerd)!
Despite being a nerd I have managed to delete all my data on my laptop by attempting to resize partitions an the hard disk, I swear it wasn't my fault, the program I was using had an error. All my data gone in a blink of an eye. I recovered 99% of it after several hours of work (some family members would know what I'm like if my computer isn't functioning).

I did yet a little excited today when I saw in emu today on the bus trip down here. Managing to meet plenty of new wildlife though! For example we have our backyard badger where I'm staying. Hehe!

Quite odd how the roads are named over here, all coded opposed to named. But yet roundabouts have names, handy for a reference point I spose.

Well now I'm on the bus trip back home but theres been an accident up ahead. I don't think people have been hurt... going to be late for work now. It's going quite well I think, getting to know everyone slowly. I still manage to underestimate people! I pass people by at work not thinking much of them initially only later on to find out they are really quite interesting people! A lesson to be learnt there no doubt!

I'm writing this all in using the tablets handwriting recognition. It's not bad considering my handwriting is so sloppy , though it has major issues with the why I write my "p", keeps thinking they are "q's"! It's really quite difficult to change ones writing style!

Clearly I'm not getting much time to keep this blog up to date because I seem to have heaps to write. Sorry to all that waiting on post cards and phone calls, time in the day just seems to fly!

Okay running low on battery and shit to crap on with so I'm going! Ciao!

No comments: