Saturday, June 24

Pfft... it was *only* Elton John!

So there was a recent visit to Taunton to visit Sir Elton John I should probably write about, yeah?
Well intentionally not going into detail, Sam has extended contacts linking directly to Elton John. This leaves myself, Sam and two of her friends with 4 corporate tickets and 2 VIP backstage passes to Elton's latest concert!
No defiantly not my usual music tastes but how can you knock back tickets like that?!
It was amazing to be involved in the atmosphere. The whole prorduction was huge, like I've never seen before. Lighting, sound, set up and staffing were huge and must have been a mamoth task to put together!
Me and Sam managed to get backstage into the green room. We met Davey Johnstone, his current guitarist, Nigel Olsson, his original drummer and John Mahon his percussionist. We even herd Elton practicing vocal before the performance.
I felt guilty during most the performance knowing that there would be people who'd kill to be where I was.

I think I finally had the first bout of homesickness. The whole lump in throat and thinking of all the friends and family I can't see. Erk.

Now this will make everyone at SeaChange Cafe jealous! The latest gig I went to was Fat Freddie's Drop in Newquay! A 7 piece New Zealand dub band. Again not my usual music tastes but Vinnie at SeaChange insisted on playing their album at least once a day. Bloody amazing album but mind blowing live! Very few bands could get so many young people movin' and singing with a trumpet, saxophone and trombone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Thomas, I've been meaning to write for some time now. I've been catching up with your travels -good on ya. Sorry about your cold-isnt it summer there????Every one at Sea change is good.We do miss you though and hope you keep up the fun .Benny should be home soon after he takes on japan & new york. hope this finds you healthier and happier take care of your slf and will write when I have some juicy news. Lots of love Sasha & Seachange