Tuesday, October 9

Mini running of the bulls...



Wow, what a day! If this is a taste of things to come then bring it on! There's hardly been a dull moment. This morning the intention was to walk to Pamplona, easy enough walk, only 20 km along reasonably easy terrain. Simple day...
I'd been walking all the way with Dawn, who'd up untill today, really needed my encouragement. Today though she was really powering on and I decided that it was time to walk alone for a while and focus on why I was walking myself. So I left Dawn and essentially started my own camino today. After a few km by myself in which I passed a few small groups with new found speed, I'd stopped just before a suburb of Pampalona called 'Trinidad de Arre'. Stopping just long enough meet some of said small groups again and promply getting invited for early afternoon coffee, which I keenly accepted!
Moments on entering the town we see boarded up doors and windows and nobody around (siesta time, fair call on the nobody around part). Soon after, in a bar we all find out that today is the towns festival, which includes a mini running of the bulls. Hence the reason the main street is boarded up! Woohoo!
Canceled are all plans for Pampalona today! What an amazing sight. Such strong animals, such brave, borderline stupid men on one small street!
The rest of the evening was spent with very cool randoms in the refugio talking in sooo many languages, some people translating for others, everyone adding in but primarily 'hands & feet' language. Hehe!
What's tomorrow got organised?

No comments: