Wednesday, May 31

Official "Backpacker"?


Official "Backpacker"?
Originally uploaded by T. Hancock.
(Photo: Sia Furler live at Colston Hall, Bristol 30/05/06)

Well I've done it folks, stayed in a completly forgin city with no accomodation bookings and little to no clue to what I was doing or where I was and I've lived to tell the tale. Stayed at the Bristol YHA and I'm now signed up for the year. Am I a backpacker now?

Now on to the main part! The reason I went to Bristol! ZERO 7... ZERO "FUCKING" 7 WOOHOO!!! They are No# 4 on my most listened to band list and they hold the No# 1 spot on my most listened to song with the perfect "Somersault".

Completly awesome! The gig was everything I expected and 10x more! Sia, José, Henry, Sam and the whole band were there. Sia was absolutly gorgeous and funny! I was there early and stood right up the front on the barrier. Had the best view but my ears are still ringing. Got to hear all the main songs that I love and Sia even sung "Breath Me" which was a fantastic suprise... When everyone was cheering after the end of the song Sia noticed me bowing at her and seemed a little taken back by my efforts and kinda gasped then pointing and smiling! She is an amazing singer!

I even managed to squeeze in some Bristol sight seeing as I had 3 hours before the gig. I'll add some photos up soon on the flickr website. You can access them by clicking on the "Random Photos" on the right of this page.

So 6 trains, 1.5 days and well over £100 and it has been very very worth it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's gold Ty, good on ya, sounds like you had a blast! :-D Hope the cafes doing well, try not to get yourself into too much trouble! Guess what, im working with Jennie at the Summit Restaurant now. Keep posting pics of the gorgeous country side for me ok. Take care. Love Cassy

Anonymous said...

So, SO, so incredibly jealous.

They're my no 1 band in my charts!

*sigh*

Did I mention i'm really jealous?