Tuesday, May 30

Perhaps this is why I left Australia?

(Pictured: Newquay Beach)

Well it's been a long day but well worth it! Sami's cafe opened today among a flurry of stress and swaring. Everything ended up going well apart from minor hickups which were well expected.

Some more notable changes:

  • The roads are so well maintained over here. Hardly a pot hole to be seen. And this is great news when your diving an old bomb of a car like Sami's (it's name is "piglet" as it squeaks occasionally and we do love it so).

  • More great music like Lemon Jelly, Chemical Brothers and Shapshifter... very awesome.

  • Bacon is really weird and not smoked and therefore very raw!

  • The pounds thing is starting to sink into my head and I'm not converting as often... I can even write a pound symbol now... go me! Customers of the cafe find it rather amusing when I occasionally still announce that their meal will be X "dollars".

Sami helped me organise the tickets to the Zero 7 gig that's on in Bristol on Tuesday. So I should be set to go! I've said to many people that if I get to go see them live that it would be worth the trip alone!

Mostly over jetlag... I slept from 5pm till 7am the other morning! I needed it I think.

Anyhow... must sleep. Less then 6 hours sleep for the second day in a row isn't going to help me or the cafe!

No comments: