Thursday, June 8

St Austell, the journey, the ride, the work and the tablet!


Acer Travelmate C110
Originally uploaded by T. Hancock.
8:15am - Well to start the morning I headed out with Sam to St Austell as I needed a black shirt for work and wanted to look around the town and Sam was heading that direction anyway as she had an understudy job for the Royal Shakespeare Company.
11:10am - Managed to find a bargain black shirt for £9 that was really good. The town is really pretty!
1:15pm - Lunch with Sam. Cost well over $20 for a BLT, chips and Coke! Geezz! Legs getting a little sore... walking around town non-stop.
3:05pm - Next was the train and bus ride back to Padstow. The first time I'd been on the local buses.
3:35pm - Of course it had to be late and I was already cutting it fine with the time I had to get back home.
4:40pm - And of course again the Royal Cornwall Show had to be on and the bus got held up in traffic more so.
4:50pm - So finally in Padstow where I'd planned to pickup a bike to ride the 5 miles back to St Merryn (where Sam's grandparents are aka home) in time to work at 6pm!
4:55pm - £100 later I have a great second hand bike from a friend of a friend of Sams who works in a bike hire shop. I now owe the guy some computer work I think!
5:30pm - Home! I'm going to die! Sweat dripping off me everywhere. Stopped in for a shower and had to make a last minute bid on a eBay tablet laptop I'd been watching.
5:58pm - Arrive in usual fassion to work, just in time! Dripping with sweat again mind you after another 1.5 mile ride!
11:20pm - Finish work and win Acer Travelmate C110 Tablet PC eBay auction. Work was great. More details on it later. Possibly dreaming but maybe pratical to manage or at least supervise it in the near future! Nice!
2:40am - Writing this damn blog. Legs are killing from over use!
2:41am - ZZZzzz...

No comments: